Sunday, February 23, 2014

Snapshot #2

5. Artist collaborate.
-Try new things
-Experiment

Did someone help you understand important information or inspire you? 

Yes, I was actually inspired to make this project when Mr. Sands was showing a PowerPoint of ideas in understanding Appropriation concepts better. In one of the power points there was the use of a Barbie in one of the pieces of art, so I was challenged to expirement with ideas that may work well with the word Barbie, and I figured to make a pepsi logo with a Barbie twist and call it 'barbsi' and it worked!



6. Artists solve problems
-try alternative solutions
-use mistakes as learning opportunities

How did you respond to the challenges that occurred as you worked?

I responded to multiple challenges in my work. When I was working on the 'barbsi' logo, which was suppost to be similar to a pepsi can, but also with a touch of girly/Barbie color to give me the 'barbsi' product, I was challenged to make the logo of the 'barbsi' can as similar to the pepsi logo as I could. Throughout beg fining the logo, I realized that it was going to be extremely challenging to make the logo with fine lines, which I could not do by the usage of paint brushes. Instead, I learned to figure out that using a mechanical pencil would be the best alternative solution in making the logo as fine and detailed as I could possibly make it by using the given materials I was able to use, which were mechanical pencils and acrylic paint.





7. Artist Reflect.
-analyze and work progress

When did you step back and analyze your work during this project? 

I was able to self reflect and analyze my work many times throughout this project. I did in the beggining, when I was challenged what type of logo and what colors to use. I also analyzed this project during the middle of the project when I was able to find an alternative solution to painting the 'barbsi' logo, and also I was able to analyze it at the end of the project to see if I could touch up and add more details to the entire thing to give it more of a girly touch to it, in order to tie in the 'barbsi' logo/appropriation concept more.

No comments:

Post a Comment