Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bryant Holsenback


-Who is she? 

She is an environmental artist who specializes in sculpture. Also, she is able to utilize materials that are more difficult to use, such as plastic bags, metal, and fabrics. 

-What are your expectations? 

I have very open minded expectations, considering I think this type of art is really interesting.

-How do you think the project will go?

I think the project will be very fun, but I'm not sure how well my sculpture peice will turn out.

-What animal are you making, and why? 

I am choosing to make a jaguar because the body if it isn't too difficult to make, and it's also a cool looking animal in general.

I would say my favorite work of hers I have seen so far would be...



& my animal looks like... 







After:


-How did your expectations line up?

I wasn't able to find fabric that made a leapard so instead I made it with striped cloth into an Allie Cat. I was actually really pleased with how it turned out. I thought it was going to be really bad. 

-What were some of the struggles you had with the piece and how did you work it out? 

I had a bit of a struggle with finding the right cloth and getting it to take the right form with the animals legs, so I just improvised and changed animals. 

-What were some of the successes in pieces in your art?

I was very pleased with the outcome of the face and the color of the fabric I used. I also enjoyed the elasticity of my fabric so I did not have to use yarn over my piece.

I do not have any photos in progress but here's the finished product!




Hope you enjoyed it! I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment