Monday, April 7, 2014

Unconventional Materials Challenge



So for this project I was given the materials of an old book, I carved into it so a phone and a mirror could fit in, so my topic was fear. I incorporated this topic by writing the definition of what fear is, and incorporating that subject with school by using a book, so I wrote what the fear of school is, also I tied everything together by adding a famous quote made by FDR about fear. I used the mirror and the phone section carved into the book since if someone was afraid of school they would try to escape by going on their phone or doing their hair or makeup in class instead of doing work since they are 'afraid of school'. 


Artists have a global awareness of art making: if I had to rate myself out of four of how well I used this skill in my peice I would give myself a 3 out of 4 considering I don't know of all the ways of using a book in my unconventional materials challenge, which limited my ability to make my peice more creatively, but I'm very satisfied of how it turned out.

Artists solve problems: If I had to rate how well I solved problems in this peice I would give myself a 4, it's not perfect but I think I have overcome a lot of challenges throughout the making of this piece such as the size of the carvings for the phone peice, along with other things. I feel I overcame these problems by creating ideas that solved them much better than regular solutions.

Artists take risks: if I had to rate this element in my peice I would give myself a 4 out of 4 since I have never used a book as an element in my peice, so I would consider that a huge risk. and I feel I did the best I could in terms of the quality of the carvings in my peice for the first time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment